Tuesday 12 May 2009

Art: Masaki Yada


My recent work is the evidence of the visual examination of my ferocious fascination for old masters paintings. While I am interested in several formats that often appear in paintings produced by17th Century Dutch painters, my main focus is on vanitas.

I am interested in not mere realism as it only replicates the exterior of objects but the artist’s interpretation of the objects without intentional exaggeration. I have noticed that the during the process of delineating objects in a visually realistic way, because of one’s own nature and qualities, the imageries depicted by the artists has particular characteristics. My pursuit is to realize my uniqueness, and it is indeed my transgressive act against what has been considered as the current.

No comments:

Post a Comment